Thread: Codie pain
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
URMYEVERYTHING

Originally Posted by Skeetermag View Post
What do you do when your pill popping husband is in denial and takes everything and you yourself get sick or in pain. I mean, the last time I had pneumonia, he drank all of my codeine cough medicine. Now I have bad sciatica and I can't get anything for myself for fear he will find them and take them. So what do I do for me?
I would have to detach myself from a person like this.... if it comes to his/her addiction being number one even over my own medical needs... I don't need that stress around.

As far as your situation.... if leaving isn't an option at this point... then one has to do what one has to do.... hide your meds... don't let him know what your medical condition is as he will snoop around trying to find the pills and when he does then you are SOL. As I type this and you read, are you seeing that this isn't a partner who considers your most delicate needs of any importance and that you shouldn't have to go to these extremes in your own household? I know... we all have been there. I use to lock and hide my belongings after I found out RBF relapsed when all I had to do was not let him in the door. Duh, I know this now in hindsight. But I guess what I'm saying is that when we have to hide things from our SO, H or BF's then, it's time to let them go for our own peace and sanity.

I'm :praying for your situation as you sound incredibly trapped. However, you have the power to change that and deserve so much better. (((HUGS)))