View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fixation

For people that have stayed clean

Hi,
I'm going through a really hard time right now and any help you could give me would be grealy appreciated.
Let me start by saying that I used to be a heavy drug user.
I used to do a variety of drugs on a regular basis, I smoked skunk daily and on the weekends I consumed copious amounts of coke, pills and speed.
I also dabbled in a few other drugs "just to try": ketamine, LSD and mushrooms to name a few.

I knew I needed to stop, but couldn't, however I was forced into quitting when I joined the Royal Navy in December 2007.
I've been clean since then, despite having long periods of leave where I could have potentially gotten away with doing drugs.

All of a sudden I REALLY want to do some coke or pills.
I'm at the beginning of a 5 week leave period and I keep saying to myself I could get away with it.
Does this mean if I ever leave the forces I will instantly go back to my old way of life and start taking drugs?

If I took drugs now, and got caught, I would be screwed. Big time.
I want to stay off the drugs for good, not just because my job is at stake.
But even now, that it would cost me my job, friends and most definitely my family I am finding it incredibly hard to abstain from doing them.

Why is it all of a sudden?
Will it ever go away away for good?
Has anybody been in a similar situation to what I'm going through now and have any advice to give me?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Many thanks