View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tigger0309

Unhappy I need some advice....

I have a problem dealing with my MIL. She makes comments like" Slip Ups (relapses) are part of recovery" " He will stop drinking when he gets tired of it" and "He has to deal with one Monkey on his back at a time". She explains that way she would handle his slip ups would be to say to him" I know you slipped up, I hope you keep trying" She has never been one to hold any of her kids accountable for anything. Not to metion she has been married four times, and her first and second husbands are/ were alcoholics. He second husband died due to his addiction. Addiction is Addiction weither it's one or two or three things you are addicted too. i DON'T want to lose my husband to this like she did.

She tells me I am suspicious of him all the time, and need to back off of him, and quit accusing him of relapsing. I know that I CAN'T accuse him all of the time, but most of the time I am right when I do, and he has slipped up or drank too much.

The biggest think that they (MIL and RAH) tell is that I need to loosen up, and have some fun. I'm not a person that likes loud music or drinking at all.
I feel they are pressuring me to be in situations I don't feel comfortable in, and make me feel guilty when I leave. I get very angry at my husband when he won't leave too. I feel like he is so selfish and doesn't care about me or my feelings. I undestand that he needs to be his own person, but being in recovery why would you put youself into siutations that will set you up to fail.

Am I wrong?
How should I handle this?