Old 09-29-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

to Secular Connections DonneIslanding I hope your doing well today and its always nice to see a new person in the secular zone.

Husky Pup~ Yes the secular check-in thread is not that active as you see. I don't know but I suspect that secular peeps are too few here at SR (could I be even more pointing out the starkly obvious...duh). That and I'm thinking some are used to doing recovery outside the main vane of faith based meeting types. So I guess like myself their used to doing recovery pretty much alone.

As for myself I'm a lop when it comes to offering support. I can do a better job...so I'll try harder to pick it up. I think one cause for my slow to go with the aid is my...well there's one cause...I lose track of my thoughts and stall. The other is my lengthy scrutiny of my grammar...and that can boggle me down to the point of fail and not post reply's. So for now on I just babble and mix in some support. That way I get to fill in some type and behave supportive.

As for my recovery I'm doing well on that front...have a month. I have had good success at stopping my drinking when I really get back into doing all of my addiction treatment.