Old 09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Hey Donne, nice to see you here. No, I don't have much of a sober support network, in fact, in real life, none at all, more or less just me and my partner, both struggling with the same issue, drinking! Joining some clubs might be an idea, though. I work at a University Library, it's an hour commute each way, but I should try to find some local book clubs in Baltimore. Just hope they don't wanna meet in a bar! That city serves alcohol even in coffee shops and diners, not an easy place to be :P

Gneiss, I feel your pain. Last night, coming home, and seeing my partner in the state he was in was no picnic: I immediately thought of going out, even if only to get away for a bit. Luckily, he passed out right away, aside from the occasional moaning. Ug.

Maybe you can slip your roomie a potent sedative....kidding, of course. Can't be easy to have him sniping at you, like that. Do you have ear-plugs? Try to ride it out as best you can, with any luck he'll tire out, and maybe even go to bed.

Almost time to drive home.....talked to my partner, he is OK tonight, so that is a load off my mind.

Hope everyone pulls through,

HP