View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up A Higher Road

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
With what I am going to do now. Is something I have wanted to do for a long time. When I was out there in the streets and see alot of those girls out there especially. I would always think to myself. Where did these girls come from? Why did they come out here like this. I always wanted to do something for them. Even myself being addicted I tried my best to feed and help anyone I knew out there any way I could.
So again. This isnt "Oh I am all brand new and nnow I know it all and going to save the planet".
I did not take offense to your comment Bam. I did however to one other posters. But thats over with. I dont have time for that crap.

I did make my mind up. Came here for support and advice and got what felt like shot down. Like I am not qualified or capable of doing it.
Its all good. Cause its stuff like that that makes me work harder.

I have no fear or doubt in my decision.
Not at all.
I may even take this to a 4 yr if I feel like I want to further my educaiton and do even more great things with people struggling.
I dont know it all. Not even close. I have a very long way to go in my own recovery. But who better to help others like us than someone who has been there and is doing the necessary things to better themselves?
Whatever way they get there is not up to me. But I can help them find that hope and that will to change their lives. I am not trying to heal them so much. They have to do that on their own choice. But I can help make that transition a little easier. Help them find avenues to do just that.
I know it will def help me in my own recovery alot. If I want to dedicate my life and my own recovery to helping others like me. Then I see absolutely nothign wrong with it.
I appreciate eveyones comments. Gave me alot to think about. But also made me that much more certain that this is what I want to do.
Hey Aysha,

Well, you know how i feel about you helping street addicts...

You're a natural and you have the best credibility - you've been there and done that - and of course helping others is the most effective path to helping ourselves. What goes around comes around

Yeah, the money is not great, but it can be manageable later on, [big time depending on where you work] as your credentials and certifications are earned. Hey, write a book, i bet your life story has a message that would sell in later years making a great success story. Others have done it, why not you? Other doors will open as well, its a wide field, and they are always looking for excellent counsellors. And with more education comes more open doors.

Any ways, life is not about money, it's about living. Being in service to help, guide, counsel, and befriend street addicts is a worthy honorable venture and something to be proud of for a lifetime.

Best Wishes!!

RR