View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cowgirl1265

Staying un-muddled

So far I've been doign well with my boundary of not having personal discussions with my husband; we've been separated for a little over a month now. We talk about the kids only, by agreement. He will occasionally try to delve into other areas of conversation, I posted before about him trying to assign mood and intent to my tone and ask me why I'm angry/upset/whatever. I'm just not engaging with him on it, and it seems to be working, at least for ME.

What he's been doing, instead, is calling a couple of my close friends and talking with them about me. He has been tellin gthem how miserable he is, how he is suicidal, asking them over and over if I have a boyfriend, if there is another man involved (because if he could blame the split on that, then he doesn't have to fact up to his part in the end of the marriage). I was really upset and anxious about this for a few days, wanted to call him and confront him with it and ask him to stop doing it. I didn't though. I didn't engage with him on it at all. He's free to talk to anyone he wants to. I did tell my friends that it was fine with me if they wished to talk with him and fine also if they did not, but to please not "report" their conversations with him to me as I didn't find that helpful in my recovery.

Where I'm stuck at is in being afraid to make that next step, to say for sure that the relationship is truly over and in making it a formal thing - filing for divorce or legal separation. I guess there is no hurry to do that; is there? I'm also afraid of his reaction. We talked about giving it six months and checking in; I think he assumes that in January he will be moving back in here. I don't see that happening at all. I'm really really really not looking forward to having that conversation. Really not. If I could delay it - like, forever? That would be great.