Thread: Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Problem

So I am at work and one of my rooms hasnt left yet. Its well past check out. So i knock and the guy starts yelling through the door how he over slept and he just keeps rambling on and on through the door. I just walked away. Whatever. I can do the other ones in that area first.
So they finally leave after a bunch of loud talking and stuff. I didnt see them leave cause I was at lunch.
I get in the room and it stinks like dingy, smokey dank smell.
I go to get the garbae and there is 3 soda cans made into crack pipes. I picked one up to see if it actually was what I thought it was and the freakin smell almost made me puke.
Yes..It was what I thought and they were caked with rez.
My first reaction was anger. It pissed me off. I dont need that crap, especially at work.
So I went told the mgr and she charged them another $100 to their credit card because it is a non smoking rom. She came and took pictures of the stuff.
Usually it would have triggered my cravings. But it didnt and still hasnt , Thank goodness. It just really made me mad.
Do I feel bad for turning them in to the mgr? Hell no. If your going to do drugs and your dumb enough to leave the evidence behind. That your own fault. And also maybe I do have a problem with it. The last place I should be exposed to it is at my job. I know its a hotel and all but still. It'd be different if I was purposely putting myself in a situation like that.
It is freakin pitiful that all could be going good and out of nowhere somehting like that happens. I am just very grateful it didnt trigger me.
I just got really angry. Because that is my recovery they are messin with when they leave that crap there for me to clean up. Whether they know that or not. Its just stupid.
I just needed to get that out. I felt so sick to my stomach. Not like an anticipation wanting to get high sick. But mad, angry and like WOW, thats just wrong sick.
I dont know how alcoholics deal with the crap in their face all the time. You would think as long as I stayed away from those areas and away form those people I would be ok.
Goes to show you can never be too careful. The crap is everywhere and may pop up in the last place you would expect.