View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

One of my daughters is a recovering anorexic, we speak at times about our recovery and it never ceases to amaze me how our thought processes were much the same while we were still in the throws of our problems, and even more amazing how our recovery process is so much the same, the spiritual side as well as the ongoing self examination and taking care of things that crop up in our lifes early because we have both learned how to see the problems while they are in thier infancy and can be handled easily.

I have to take my hat off to any one with an eating disorder in recovery, as an alcoholic in recovery I now know that I do not need to drink to live, in order to live I do NOT drink. But an eating disorder with all of the mental similarities is a horse of a different color, one has to eat to live, the key for an eating disorder is to eat, but eat properly!!!!

I know folks in AA that also use OA to deal with thier eating disorders, the one guy I have talked at length about this has said that once he had taken the steps with his AA sponsor that things began to improve quickly as far as his depression went which helped some with the eating deal, he said that takiing the steps with his OA sponsor made a world of difference in his eating disorder and almost totally eradicated his depression.

She mentions:

We have to think about how people can start to build in naturally rewarding experiences in their lives," she said.
I know me and millions of others have found a naturally rewarding manner of life in the steps be they for Alcohol and or eating disorders, both of which in most cases take care of the depression along the way as long as the depression is not due to chemical imbalances, and even if the depression is due to that we support them along thier way as well.