Thread: help scare me
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Herman

Like 2manyBobs I have not suffered any truly serious social repercussions from my alcohol abuse. This is because of pure stupid luck...no DUI's, Wife, Kids, good job. But in the last month I have spoke with two individuals (One Friend, then Someone I met on a plane) and the topic was drinking and things related. Well, come to find out both had lost their Friends to Liver failure...I assume Cirrhosis. That scares me....I am in my mid 40's and have been drinking to some degree or another most of my adult life. I have stopped drinking so many times in the past it is depressing to think about....I usually go for a couple weeks to a few months then start up again. I once again have stopped but this time I decided to seek support.....I have also made a appointment with my Doctor to run Liver Function Test (I am scared what he is going to tell me) and will also tell him of my Alcohol Problem. I am hoping that with Support and Professional Medical guidance
I might have a better chance of long term sucess....I am so happy I have found this Forum.