Old 09-23-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Hey Wolf and Creekryder,

I'm just having my second cup of coffee, so I'm not bright eyed yet, but it sure is great not to be hungover and hacking my guts out. Just a cup of coffee and me, that's good stuff. Thanks for the help guys.

Creekryder, I know you have some tempting events coming at ya, and know the turmoil of watching others suck down a few drinks, and feeling like why can't I do that? Always wondering what's wrong with me that I can't just have a couple? Well, today it doesn't matter and I don't have time to figure it out, so I'm just gonna keep my track record in mind and say no for today. Another great thing about asking for help is that others, when they see we are sincerely trying, we are putting the jug down for today, they become our cheerleaders, and I need a ton of them, because my self-esteem is too low and fragile to do this by myself. Alcohol kicked the crap outta me and each time I hopped back into the ring, I got another beating. It's like a little puppy barking and growling at a huge grizzly bear, the bear could kill the pup in one swat, and that's kinda like me and the ole jug, it's just playing with me and could kill me with one swat, but it likes to play, to prolong the inevitable, till I"m writhing in pain and whipped into a bloody, smelly mess of a human being. But, others are there to pick us up and wash away the blood and bandage our wounds, then they will help us stay clear of the bear, they've got our backs. If confronted with superior force, the bear will wander off to safety. Why don't we? I'm tired of fighting with that ole bear, so I'm sticking with the people who helped bandage me up and get me on my feet again. Stick around and find some people to help keep you safe, cause you already know, it's a jungle out there, be careful and carry a big stick.