Thread: 28 days!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
DayWalker

Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
W

I've had as long as 5+ yrs "not drinking" in the past. But 28 days ago I think I finally came to realize (with the help of you guys here on SR) the difference between not drinking...and "sober" .

Steve

Originally Posted by tomvlll View Post
and??? what is it?????

Kind of hard to answer, but I guess just to answer it the only way I know how I'd say this....

Before when I just wasn't drinking, I was somewhat passive about my life. Kind'a just sitting back and waiting for my life to all the sudden be great simply because I wasn't drinking. But I was still a hard person to get along with, short tempered, no patience, grumpy, and sometimes just flat out nasty to people around me.

Now that I've been I guess understanding that even though alcohol is a huge part of my problems I have had in life, it's not the "only" thing that has held me back. This time I'm not just not drinking but I'm trying to become a better person by being a bit more understanding and open with my friends & family, trying to just slow down and take things as they come, and not be so wrapped up in myself and just trying to look at each day as a opportunity to enjoy life without alcohol rather than just trying to get through each day "without drinking".

yeahgr8- yup I remember seeing that movie when it came out back about 10 yrs ago. pretty good movie. I liked the one with meg Ryan "When a man loves a women" a bit better myself. That ones a bit older than the Sandra bullock one but was a really good movie as well.

Steve