Thread: I hate it!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Now Cath, are you saying that some of the pain you are in could be relieved by asking your church for more help?

Let's explore that for a moment. If you gave help to someone who truly needed it, gained from it, and grew from it, would you help them again if they still struggled? I'm inclined to say you would. I believe that I would if able.

I don't see you as having squandered any of the love and support being offered you. Why do you feel so unworthy of help?

You are in a very tight financial spot right now, I know. There is good reason for this. This is not because you've paid off a gambling debt or drunk away your paycheck. You are trying to keep a roof over your own head.

Also, isn't the work you are doing at the church to pay back in the support being extended?

My friend, you are worthy of help. You are trying to do the next right thing to get back on your feet. Please give the church the chance to say no that they cannot help with additional funds for gas rather than assume you should not ask at all.

For someone else, it's just a tank of gas, but for you in these days, it is a lifeline. It's meetings, and work, and human contact. Would you at least reconsider asking for a gas card....for you....reconsider?

Alice