Thread: step 1
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
christian1975

Originally Posted by charmian View Post
hello there christian.nice to meet you and welcome to sr.i drank alcoholically for 20 yrs.it was one disaster after another.i was a top up drinker that binged on top of that,,i was a drunk.i went to AA 4 years ago but it wasnt to be.i went back at the begining of the year,i was ready.i went to lots of meetings as first and used the phone,,alot.it wasnt long before i picked up again,about a month.i knew something had to change.i got myself a sponsor,not just anyone,someone that was vistiting our meeting.i heard her speak,i wanted what she had.she had sparkly eyes,she was happy and she had a quiete confidence.i asked her to be my sponsor and we worked together ont he 12 steps.i am only sober 7 and a half months christian,i have put in the work and had a spiritual awakening as a result of the steps.from a broken,desperate alki to what i am today is a miracle.i am never lonely or scared anymore,i have made friends,real ones.i am always busy with some activity,i give my time freely.i am happier than i have ever been in all my life.if i can do it anyone can,,its free.i wish you well christian.
thank you for your encouraging words....i am going to my first meeting in the morning and i can't believe i am actually excited...anyways thanks for your post and i took your words to heart...peace Christian