View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cagreg9

Question New to Forum Need Advice

My alcoholic husband had been getting progressively worse over the past few years. I have 3 children the oldest now in college. Last winter my youngest daughter began having academic problems for the first time in school. She was pulled out of the class on a daily basis to be tested for learning disabilitys. This was heartbreaking as it was so upsetting to her. I needed to fill out form after form and at the last minute on the final form put down that my husband was an alcoholic, much to his dismay. I didnt care I wanted to get to the bottom of it. At the same time my husband constantly harassed and verbally abused and insulted my 16 year old son. It was just terrible. Long story short I made him leave our home in May, in a few weeks my daughters academic problems with memory problems etc were gone. The teachers and administrators couldnt get over it, but I always knew in my heart he was causing her problems. In the meantine I took my son to a psychiatrist because I was so concerned about his anger. He was okay according to the doctor.But he has not spoken a word to my husband in 4 months. last week he sent a text to wish him happy birthday' he wont answr the phone when he calls. My son texted back dont. My husband has never tried to apologize or discuss anything that has happened. He just thinks he is a disrespectful kid. He is in fact not. Seems my husband was so upset about this he told his brother who now also thinks he is a punk. He also thinks I am wrong for making my husband leave. It is my job to protect my kids, and that is what I did. It breaks my heart to think his family cares more about him than my kids welfare. I dont know what to do anymore.