View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
one of

Sorry about that next to last paragraph in my last input where I start off with "one mind" and then go plural . Dammit, still not perfect. Which reminds me of a paragraph in "AS BILL SEES IT" #159:

"Apparently the course of relative humility and progress will have to lie somewhere between these extremes [See whole thought]. In our slow progress away from rebellion, true perfection is doubtless several millenia away."

Might that not indicate that Bill was thinking along Buddhist and Hindu lines of reincarnation complete with Karma and final state of becoming Perfect love, truth, wisdom, and understanding . . . thus blending with all else that is in the same state? (Bill calls working towards that state: "to grow in the likeness and image of God," but doesn't the similarity of the two final goals stand out? I certainly make use of a God who is perfect in the areas of Love, Truth, Wisdom, and Understanding. Whether I am right or wrong to do so, that is the God who has had the power to keep me sober and serene of spirit, with daily peace of mind and sense of being at home in the universe for thirty-four years now. Believe me, that power has never been mine.

I also like the closing thought on the previous page (158): "In such an atmosphere the orthodox, the unorthodox, and the unbeliever mix happily and usefully together. An opportunity for spiritual growth is open to all." That's AA! Love and Blessings - one of

AsBill Sees It
Copyright AAWS

Last edited by CarolD; 09-17-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Added Source per SR guideline