View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

but doesnt everyone deserve a break. i wish i could find that happy medium. think about your favorite drink right now and how good it would be to enjoy it. the only problem is the excess. Everyone has been on my case today. why shouldnt i have an ice cold can if i stop right after

Can't tell you how many times I've heard these phrases from XABF.

When I finally sought recovery for myself my response to him was that yes everyone deserves a break and a hard workin' man deserves an ice cold can after mowing the lawn on a summer's day. That's right. What those same folks do not deserve is their fist in someone's eye, or the emotional destriuction they inflict on those around them. If you can do one without the other, I'll open that cold can for you and fetch you the remote.

Your right, STONES, it's about control, and once you accept you do not have control over your drinking, you are one step closer to not having to live with the consequences of your alcoholism.

Dreamangel, this is hard because breaking up is hard to do. He has to break up with his first love, drugs, and you are breaking up with your's, him.

It's also going to be harder if you continue to spend time with him and take your not-so-honey-moon with him until he is strong enough in his recovery to not lie about his drug use and especially to not lie to you. To say he doesn't know how it happened is just moronic. He was there. He did the drugs. To say that to you is just disrespectful and only shows how far he has to go in recovery.

He needs AA, his HP, a sponsor, sobriety, and serious effort every day to stay clean. The last thing he needs is you, or Mexico for that matter.

Alice