Thread: feedback please
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SeekSobriety

Originally Posted by soberat23 View Post
ive been sober for almost 18 months and have tried to seriously quit about 5 times. For me, its the same as stopping drinking and using. When i try to stop smoking, i start the same mental process as i did getting sober. its very hard cause it does bring me back to that scary place in a way. i made it 23 days and started smoking again. the obsession to smoke, was just not going away. i dont know. i didnt get sober the first time i tried, so im gonna just keep at it. good luck
Congrats on keeping up your attempts to stay free from the dangerous drug nicotine. It is truly shows us just how powerful it is when we try and stop using it. If only Bill Wilson and the thousands of other smoking AA's would have known back in the day perhaps they would have been with us longer.
Fortunately we no longer have the excuse of ignorance to the dangers and addictiveness of Cigarettes and nicotine.

I have a great link that has really helped me give up smoking/nicotine, I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

"Glory Week"

The First 72 Hours - Navigating Withdrawal - - Understanding Dependency, Its Costs & Recovery - Freedom from Nicotine -