View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
URMYEVERYTHING

Originally Posted by DreamAngel View Post
He said he did it 2 times, and thats why when the test was positive he couldn't believe in it because over 24 hours passed. He said he f*cked up. .
Opiates can stay in your system for up to 48 hours after last use.. but don't tell him that. Ha Ha.

But one thing to remember about addicts is when they report their use, they will minimize. So, if he did it 2 times, then he did it 4 times and so on. If he's a Heroin user, I can bet you a million trillion bucks he didn't JUST use 2 times.

He really needs to get honest with himself if he wants recovery. Please detach yourself from his stories, talks, etc. It will drive you even more insane trying to piece his stories together and pick apart what is sincere or not. I had to tell my RBF several times, "Look, I'm here to support you, but while you are in recovery, please do not update me about your meds, groups, etc. unless they directly relate to me (making amends, etc.)." Their stories will drain you and distract you from taking care and healing yourself.