Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
queenie88

Originally Posted by anvilhead
well jealousy is an act of EGO....and entitlement. we look at others, what THEY have, or more to the point what we PERCEIVE they have and feel that we are entitled to. we lack a sense of boundaries, where WE end and the rest of the world begins, and therefore have no CENTER, no place to call home inside of ourselves, so we continually look OUTSIDE of ourselves for that sense of balance and completeness.

in relationships we try to POSSESS the other person, rather than co-exist. we become like cancerous growths that attempt to devour other healthy cells, INVADE their space and consume them. we claim others as captives. and we dare others to even try to take them away. actually we ENCOURAGE and instigate that "battle" - cuz when we "win" we feed our egos in triumph.

we often pick lousy partners......flighty, sketchy, unreliable....that assures we are always in competition for their time and attention. we want to be the PRIZE. we want them to love us SO much that they concede defeat, and hand themselves over TO us. we thrive in discord, chaos, upheaval. as we do not know how to live within ourselves, we live vicariously thru others...
In my relationship with xabf I was SO INSANELY jealous…of past partners, current female friends…I felt like they were getting some part of him that I wasn’t. he always seemed so eager to perform for everyone else but not for me, everyone else seemed so much more relevant and important. Seemed much happier to be around everyone else. That combined with the fact that he always seemed to need to get loaded (I took that quite personally, mistake #1…why couldn’t he just be fully aware and himself with me? What was I lacking? Why did he have to be stoned/drunk to tolerate everyday life with me?)

Put those two things together and I started questioning my place in his life and I guess I came up with some crazy scenarios in my head, which led me to snoop in his email, which I lied to him about but eventually told the truth, which led to a big blow-up involving a broken tv, which led to him kicking me out and dumping me.

ARGH! Perhaps if I had the tools to deal with jealousy I wouldn’t be where I am right now. it was just SO unhealthy.