View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bugsquawsher

Hey Taz. Thanks for you input. I'm going to take the test here shortly, I am at work right now trying to fix a Winch. (a mechanical Winch , not a female one )
But to answer you following questions. Honestly.
I drank alot more in my 20s than I do now. In my thirties I would wait till I got home to drink because the wife did to then. During the week I would drink from 1 to 6 beers depending on when dinner was ready. I seldom drink after I eat. Weekends. That was a different story. I use to do more Home Improvement back then. I loved working on a project around the house and having beer while I did it.
These days I don't do much home Improvement. Back then I would "for a lack of better words" Get something for my efforts.
These day's I get Nothing. Ok I get an thanks. And now I do it with out beer.
I don't drink around the house. Only when I'm with friends. For the last year that was every day after work. Like I said before, I am expected to Change, 100%, All at once, but I have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for her to "get over it"
This weekend I had a project I was working on, actually Three and completed them all. It was still early, Maybe 5 pm. and I was done and had nothing left to do. So I jumped on my Bike and got a couple of beers. They were good. I was relaxed and in a good mood. I went back home and was almost content to sit and watch TV. I didn't yell at anyone. I didn't hit anyone. I wasnt' mean. I just watched tv. So what did I do wrong?
In my eye's Nothing.
Sorry for blabbering on. I need to get back to work.
Thanks again for listening.
I know it's hard to give advice when You really don't know a person that well. It's easy to say, Stop Drinking that will cure all. If you only really knew it all.
More often than not, I feel my only purpose in life is to bring home the money and fix what they break. And for that I'm rewarded with Dinner when she's ready to make it and my clothes washed.