View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Tom I think maybe you should decide which is more important, your wife or beer?

Being an alcoholic I chose my beer.

The I had a moment of clarity that allowed me to see my future if I continued to drink, at the time the lose of my wife and kids was minor, but I took a really deep and HONEST look at my drinking, I saw that with the wife and kids totally out of the picture that I would drink for oblivion evry night, I already had some issues at work, but getting totally blottoed every night was going to take me over the edge.

Family lost, then job lost, then house lost, then truck! Nothing left but my constant companion my bottle. Oh yea and a slow death from my alcoholism.

Hey maybe you don't have a problem, if you don't have a problem and booze is not important then why not just quit and save your marriage?

Perhaps a quiz could help you decide if you have a problem Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You?

Now if you determine that you are an alcoholic then let me hit you up with a proven fact, as long as an alcoholic keeps drinking thier alcoholism gets worse, never better and it does not level off at some point, it always gets worse.

Now if you have no problem then why should it be an issue to simply stop drinking to save your marriage?

I almost lost my family and my life due to my drinking.

Do you drink more now then you did when you were 40? When you were 40 did you drink more then when you were 30? When you were 30 did you drink more then when you were 20?

Answering the above honestly do you see any progression in your drinking?

Marriage or beer?