Thread: Becoming whole
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Matt that is a great post!

So many things are suddenly starting to change. Can anyone relate?
I can relate, the steps in AA, especially steps 4-7 led me to where I am at today, I have learned a great deal about myself, especially in steps 4 and with the help of my sponsor in step 5 I learned things about myself, I learned both the good and the bad about me. I work on a daily basis to become a better Martin.

Now here is the interesting part, the more I learn about me, the more I change, the more I learn, as I change, my eyes see things about me that they did not see before. They see new areas where I need to improve, but they also see good things about me as well.

I have heard that recovery is like peeling an onion, there are many layers of that onion and we can not see or work on the next layer until the present one has been peeled away.

Overall I have changed for the better, but I see other areas I need to improve upon. In AA we strive for spiritual progress, not perfection, I do see progress in myself, but I also am well aware I will never be perfect, I just need to continue to strive for progress. This is why I work at applying the steps daily to all areas of my life.

Matt keep up the change, keep striving for progress.