View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am just curious why anyone would come to a RECOVERY forum if they think that moderate drinking will make their life happy and healthy.
My DOC is crack. I have never in my life seen a moderated crack addict. LOL..Its almost funny saying it.
I cant lie and say I never considered or tried it. Guess what? It never works. And only prolongs the destruction and gets worse and worse.
You already know Bam that mewcomers has this wave of disturbance every so often. Sometimes its big..Sometimes not.
But I have noticed it shifts once in awhile like clock work.
But thats like anything in life.
Thank goodness aside from unsettling posts in newcomers. There are way more positive reactions and threads to outweigh those.
We are all at a different place in our addictions and recovery. So your gonna get all levels. Especially here in newcomers.
I know its unsettling. But all we can do is try our best to point them in the right direction.
I remember awhile back when you were a mess. Like all of us were at some point. I was really really worried about you. I mean seriously concerned. It gets frustrating for me when I see people, especially ones I call friends are feeling like that because there is only so much we can do like this.
You have def come a very long way my stinky friend. LOL..YOu know I am joking and why I say that.
I am so proud of you and glad you are doing so well. Congrats on 166 days. That is absolutely amazing!! And congrats on the promotion.
It is more proof that if we just hang on and keep doing the right thing. All will be as it should. BIG HUGS BAM!!!