Thread: Anger Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Essence, anger!!!! Oh yes, every time I ever quit drinking ANGER was one of the main things that eventually led me right back to drinking again, I had no solution for it, I became POed at the world and myself and I would drive every one away that cared about me with my anger. I would reach a point where it was possibly wind up in jail due to my anger or drink.

The last time I quit it started off the same way, I was irratable, anxious, and irratable, but I was also at the point where I was willing to ask for help! I had no other solution to any thing in my life but to drink and I knew that if I drank again I was going to lose everything and simply drink myself to death. I had to find a solution for life other then alcohol, and I did, I found that solution in the Program, the 12 steps of AA and the support and guidance I need to achieve that from the fellowship of AA.

In AA I have learned how to clean up my side of the street and to accept that not every one is going to live thier lifes the way I would like them to. I have learned how to make amends for my past where I can, to forgive others for things they may have done to me in my past and also how to forgive myself for things I did in my past.

Yes I still on occassion get angry, but I deal with it today, before I had a program ANGER owned me, it ate me alive from the inside, I did not know how to forgive others or myself. Now I know forgiveness and acceptance.