Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Iwanttoheal

Rant

Best give a warning that I'm p*ssed and this is going to be a major rant.

I've been browsing around the other forums on SR, dipping in and out of the Alcoholics forum and Friends & Family forum. The lesson that I have learnt is that I need to STOP doing this.

If I read "You are doing your best" one more time I will punch someone (and I am NOT a violent person.... although that could change.... guess I'll have to be happy with throwing some virtual punches).

Hey guys, there are CHILDREN involved here. What about raising the bar a little. They didn't ask to be born. They deserve so much more than they are getting - like life in a clean home where their needs are put first (remember they are children after all), where they are valued, loved and nurtured.

People post, you are doing your best when from the outside it is obvious your best is patently not in the best interests of the child.

And as for the analogy of being in an airplane where you are advised to put your own mask on before seeing to your children - I would like to respectfully remind parents that after they have put their own mask on they should turn to their children and put their masks on. All to often, we COAs are left gasping for air wondering what we have done to deserve being starved of oxygen.

It's the same when people say "It's the disease" or "it's the alcohol" NOOOO, it's the behaviour and actions of the individuals that do the damage.

I am so angry, I am raging. I want to scream WAKE UP. YOU ARE DAMAGING YOUR CHILDREN!!!

So what do I need to do. I need to not engage with other people's problems. I have to accept in my circumstances that I have every right and justification to feel this anger and rage. I need to let it go and do something healing for me.

For the minute my healing may need to be as simple as a few of these

I can't be the ONLY one who feels like this. Help me out guys, how do you deal feelings like these.