Thread: Anger Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Essence

Anger Problems

Ever since I've stopped drinking completely, I've been having massive anger issues.

It's been about five months now since I've stopped drinking. I quit cold turkey when someone said it couldn't be done. Once in awhile I'll have a peace of mind and not have a care in the world. But most of the time, there's just this odd anger building up within me throughout the week. Whether about issues from recently, or from the past, I can't stop obsessing over them. I run about two hours twice a day everyday but it doesn't help. All this pain and hatred puts me in tremendous stress. My arms and chest feel like they're lit on fire sometimes.

In the past, I just drank when I had problems. With all my drinking, anger was never one of those problems.

It's all coming back to me now. Every detail that I can remember in the past while I was under the influence pisses me off today when it didn't before. I feel stupid for letting things go so easily back then and being walked all over. Little details today stay on my mind for entire days. I don't want to think about them, but when I try to forget I feel like I'm not being true to myself and letting my submissive behavior take control that only my once alcoholic state would allow. And for everything that's worth, I don't want any association with alcohol anymore. I've given up all my friends and my past just so I don't slip back into alcoholism again. But now I feel like I'm going to lose my family if I can't control my anger.

This may sound strange, but I don't know how to fix this behavior properly without alcohol!