View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

hey, duey, welcome. glad you stopped by. sorry to hear about your son and i pray this time around will be his time. seems as if you've done all you know to do to help save your son, glad to hear he is in rehab now. i know it hard but try to keep the focus on you.

i'm a recovering addict with a few yrs behind me, but it has been hard work getting here. i've been in rehab quite a few times but it took for my family to totally cut me off, allowing me to suffer the consequence of my own actions. then and only then did i see a need to seek recovery and desperate enough to keep it going.

you see, as long as i had someone to bail me out, provide a warm landing pad whenever i needed one, i had no need to be serious about getting better. i had to reach rock bottom. i pray that your son does well this time but even if he decides he's not quite ready, you still can get better. keep the focus on you. reading, posting and meetings is what helped to save my sanity. my husband of 23yrs is an active addict but after 21yrs of this, i had to step aside so that he can hopefully find his own way someday. i do know your pain and i will keep you and your family in my prayers