View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kshisme

Another thought/question

My husband I and are getting ready to leave for our little overnight anniversary trip, but I've been thinking about something all morning...

If my step-son really wanted to quit using drugs, and he was at rock-bottom, why didn't he seek treatment himself? (because he wanted the drugs more than he wanted to get better, right?)

We went to his town (2 hours from us), with a drug test in hand. He took the test and then confessed to being an addict. (because he agreed to take the test and to come back with us to get treatment, was that HIS was of seeking treatment? - were we still enabling him by doing this instead of making him do it alone?

So we get him into a detox center and the nurses say he's doing well. What if this is all BS? What if he's doing what he thinks he's supposed to do just so he can get out? Do you just wait to see by his actions after this that he is serious?

Sorry if I'm rambling, but how do/did all of you deal with these feelings? I hope it's normal to feel like I have multiple personalities right now (the pissed off one, the sad one, the disgusted one, the hopeful one, the fool, etc., etc., etc.)