View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kj3880

Another question about court slips

I hope this doesn't degenerate into a name-calling back and forth fest of insults. I hope we can discuss this intelligently and serve as a power of example even though we may have differing points of view.

That being said, as I've talked about here before, I'm not a fan of forcing people to attend meetings on court slips, although I understand that some here got the message when they attended a meeting via a courtslip. So I can see both sides. The only solution that I can see at this time is to sign the slips at the door, then ask if they still want to come in. Then they have the slip signed, so it would be their choice. I think people should have a choice about this thing. My two cents.

But going beyond that, there is a new courtslip issue in my area. I was asked and began to serve as secretary at my new home group about a month ago. My home group has voted to sign the slips, and since that is the group conscience, we do so. We have a woman, L. who signs them as her service position. Last week, she handed me a slip saying, "You will have to sign this one." The slip went like so:

Joe Blow, Client
Meeting type (circle one) NA AA CDA CR Other____
Date/Time_______________
Group Leader (Secretary) Name (full name)____________________________

Leaders' certification (signature) _________________________________
Leaders' Contact Phone Number____________________________
By signing this, I ___________________ certify that Joe Blow has attended a full meeting of _______ and that s/he has participated fully, and was prompt and attentive, and was not disruptive in any way.

There were several slots for this. One for each day of the week. The member who had this slip told me that he has to fill one out each week. He stated that his program manager (?) has stated that she will check with us to see if he is really showing up to meetings.

Has anyone seen a slip like this? I didn't sign it, but I left it up to L, who decided she would fill it out, and did provide her number. She wasn't OK with giving her full name, though. I wouldn't give my name nor my number to this slip. What would you all do?

Love,
KJ