View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lostnhurt

I am very fortunate in that my husband has never been violent. The only time he yelled at me, enough to scare me, was when he was dealing with his psychotic mother (she's a nut job, to say the least). I tried to force an intervention between them, and he got really mad. Other than that, through it all, he's been very loving. I do realize he has a disease. So far, the Sarboxone treatment is going really well. He is sticking with it, going to his meetings, attending all appointments, etc. He is fully committed to this. He said he has never felt better in his enire life. He knows reality - some day he will need to wean off the Sarboxone, but right now, with therapy, he's doing great. It's the most honest he's been with himself since I've been with him.

I am not stupid to think he's no longer an addict. This will be with us for life, but as committed as he is to making things right, and the fact that his case "wasn't very severe," I am hopeful he will be able to learn to deal with his problems in a much healthier way.

Fingers crossed.