View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
leznew

need some direction

My wife is transfering from rehab to a halfway house today. When I asked if she wanted me to pick her up she said she couldnt deal with that right now. She sounded like she was about to have a panic attack. She can have her cell phone there and I pay for her phone. When and should I explain to her that if I am paying for her phone she has to call me from time to time? Another question is how long will it take for her to adjust to her halfway house, I read 2 weeks was the transitioinal phase. Her doctors recomended 6 months, and that is ok with me. I guess right now I love her and I am starting to feel like an option in her life. At the same time I dont want to interfere with her recovery. I sent her a text today that was just some encoraging words. I dont want to call and bug her, but I want to talk to her soon. I am working on my life and am doing well. I am just walking a fine line here and need some advice. I know she is in her own personal hell right now with the guilt and shame from her addiction.