Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
scotteh88

kris,

im apart of the townsend program

basically, its an intense outpatient program that combines one on one therapy, group sessions and medication to produce a positive result. A huge ideal of the program is to have someone sober for 8 weeks and on good maintenence medication so by the time we are done the program we have the tools and confidence to really work a 12 step program

i urge you to do a search on google for townsend addiction treatment (can't post links since im under 15 posts), and i urge you to click the link at the top titled "Dr. Wetsmans Corner" once you find the website

It really goes in depth about how addiction is a disease and not a moral failing. It also explains the brain biology of addiction and how medicine and recovery can help an addict get their life back

Dr. Wetsman is the doctor at all these clinics who takes care of prescribing the right medications. He has been published numerous times and even has a book or two out. Dr. Wetsman was also an addict too and so was everyone else that works at townsend

I urge you to check out the program and if you want to speak in private about your addiction I might be able to speak to you from my experience (that is if you are opiate dependent)

Scott