View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family fragrantrose!

You have taken a big step in taking care of yourself by seperating from an active alcoholic. The active alcoholic is all over the place with their emotions and you never know whether you are coming or going. Should I praise him for trying to help? Should I tell him he is not helping. Should I not tell him about my day until he is in a better mood? UGH! You are walking on eggshells because you don't want to cause an over-reaction from the alcoholic.

That's not living. Not even close.

Living like that, you surrender to never being enough for anybody. You fee inadequate. It's never enough, so you might as well join them and drown your own personal misery.

But deep down inside, there is a still small voice. A young girl. That young girl wants to live her life. She needs to be heard.

Congratulations fragrantrose! You have listened to that still small voice and taken control of your one precious life!

Keeping taking it one day at a time. You can do this for yourself! We're here to support you and offer you encouragement. We care about you!