View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
sclarke64448

Hi Learn2Live

He very occasionally did it. Not often. In the three years I was with him he was daily on lager, a regular on cider and WKD and bought weed every fortnight (though it would last him two or three days). In his much younger days before ever settling down and having kids with his ex he would try EVERYTHING! He thinks the only thing he's never done is crystal meths. He bragged to me on many occasions about once how he and a group of his friends managed to get hold of 20,000 temazepam (Is that how you spell it?) and over a period of time they consumed the lot! ALL OF THEM!

I should have known from our first date about the drinking. It was the second time ever in my life I'd tried Vodka. The whole bottle was gone by the end of the evening and at 3pm the next day I suffered the shakes. First and only time ever in my life I'd had them. (I've never been a big drinker - though progressively I was drinking more when with him! Towards the end I could easily down eight pints on a night and I'm only short and petite build).

As for cocaine - he knows I hated him touching drugs. I could barely cope with the weed (though that was because I hated the smell and I hated the way he was so slow funcitioning after!) But there were two or three times he was so nasty to me - once he cornered me against a wall in the street and threatened to hit me. I'm ashamed to say that almost on reflex I slapped him across the face. He cornered me again and towered over me. Scared me half to death. It was the only time EVER in our relationship I finished with him. That was about 3pm. I drove 30 miles back home. About half eight that night he rang to apologise and confessed he'd been doing cocaine the night before.

Another time on coke he got nasty again. I told him never to ring me / ask to see me again while on coke and to my knowledge he never did. Though if he did, he hid it well.

All his friends liked it as well and were astounded when I said I'd never tried it. Does not interest me.

Serious L2L he broke up with me so many times. Sometimes he'd warn me and it was in a friendly way but he said he needed to stand on his own two feet but he'd call me in a few days and still wanted us to be friends. Other times he'd go no contact. The longest time, as I said, was 12 days. That was in June last year. And it was the last time before this time, in May.

It's scarey how all our exes act similarly and in similar patterns. The similarities between mine and Queenie's relationships and exes scare me. It's like we were seeing the same person!