Old 09-02-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thx everyone. I feel so amazing. and its not just a phase. I have been feeling liek this for awhile now. I mean I still have off days. But you know what I mean.
Yesterday was just an awesome day.
I went and had lunch with my best friend from middle and high school. And another friend from back then stopped by too.
The one who's house I went to..>She was my best friend for a loooong time. We became room mates even in our early 20's. We were inseperable. Her mom was like my gram and I love her family like my own. But if you read my thread from a couple weeks ago..About how I did her wrong by taking off with her car one day and getting high. We havent really spoken since. And that was like 12 yrs ago.
I got to see her..Her new baby. I even got to see her mom. MAn it was like coming home after being gone so long. I had a great time and I was so happy that we got to hang out. I have a feeling we will be doing more of it.
THEN!! I went to Cruefest last night!! Oh YEA!! What a great show. Godsmack really rocked the house down. Motley kinda sucked. They played the entire Dr Feelgood album. I hated that album. But Godsmack def ripped it up.
I know now why people say to not isolate..Especially in early recovery.
All the times before I was like what they call a dry drunk...But with drugs. I wasnt doing anything different except trying not to get high.
Now I am doing things to improve my life. In all ways possible. And just going and doing things. With people other than myself or family has been a great big help.
I havent had ANY friends at all since becoming a full time addict. Its been a very long time since I mingled with real friends.
I feel like I did before I became addicted.
I just feel like I have been reborn or something.
I am floatin on pure natural joy here lately.
I am so freakin excited about school too.
I thought I would wear that out like a phase..But I am more motivated than ever now.
I am doing things and following through. That is what is making the difference.