View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lostnhurt

All, well, the update is he went to a doctor this past week who prescribed the stuff that kills the cravings and, if he takes something, will completely kill the high. The doctor felt that if he stays on this program for well over a year, and goes to intense therapy weekly, he will do well. So far, my husband is committed to make this change in his life, so he is attending meetings, etc. Plus, if you don't see the doctor on a regular basis, he will pull you from the program, so he has no choice. My fingers are crossed that this works and he stays committed to it, otherwise he knows he will have to go into a program long-term away from home. Please keep him in your prayers that this works. I am not stupid enough to believe this is it, I only pray that it is. I will, probably forever, always wonder what he is doing, and all of that, but I realize that is a part of being married to an addict. I will always be fearful and suspicious. I did attend a meeting this past week, but what I didn't like was that nobody can offer advice (you can't tell someone what to do). I was hoping it was a more open, talkative forum. Pherhaps I didn't go to the right one. I am going to go one more time, and then try Al-Anon. Any suggestions on that front would also be helpful.

I'm hanging in there - way too much on my plate right now. My job is a disaster (okay, I HATE IT), my husbands job could be on the line because of this, my parents are not in the best of health and situation, but there is a light - there is always a light. My daughter is healthy, she's happy and she seems to be doing really well through all of this. That is a gift in and of itself.