Old 08-29-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Oh yes, internet love! Would you believe that was the one that sent me to my codependent bottom?

The only difference is my internet love moved in with me (drove all the way up from Florida in one fell swoop) after a whirlwind romance via the internet and a lot of phone calls.

He slapped an engagement ring on my finger, and I kept thinking "Damn, this is almost too good to be true!"

It was. After my savings account was cleaned out (some legal woes of his mysteriously started popping up and I was paying all the bills), after I had taken care of his two daughters for a month when they came to visit, after I had once again completely and 100% lost myself in a relationship, he walked out the door, never to be seen again.

Then all the letters from debt collectors started rolling in, all for matters I had no idea were in his past.

Be careful. Be very very careful.

Today I can look back on that and be grateful for that because I did start my recovery from codependency.

However, it does give me the chills to think how naive I was about trusting someone on the internet. How about the Craigslist killer?

What's your life worth to you?