Old 08-29-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Welcome to the forum ... and please know that the following is not meant to sound harsh, but rather it is the hard, cold truth.

All the love in the world will not cure his addiction. You can't save him. Until he wants to get clean ON HIS own HE WON'T.

If you fly to be with him, then you'll find yourself out of your realm and at the mercy of his addiction and addiction has no mercy.

Already you have stayed up late to be online with him, lost sleep, didn't eat, you have cried your eyes out, felt sick, stayed in bed over a week and in your own words he became the center of your world .. You lived and breathed him. This behavior is not healthy ... YOU ARE ADDICTED TO THIS MAN. Like he is addicted to his drugs.

Don't take this personal, but you are no competition for his addiction. It will win every time and if you continue to pursue a relationship with him you are only setting yourself up for pain, pain and more pain.

If you think you hurt now .. You ain't seen nothing yet.

As hard as it may be, as much as it may hurt .. You need to let go of him and let God. Time to jump ship and save yourself.

Consider yourself blessed that you found out about his addiction by accident (a divine accident if you ask me).

I would like to encourage you to read all you can about enabling, codependency, detaching with love. Knowledge is power and the key to freedom.

I hope to see more of you here on SR ... I'm sorry you have to be here, but glad you've found your way. Welcome to the family.

Hugs,
Passion
Recovering Addict