View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
daisylady

Lostnhurt-Welcome to SR, sorry the pain of dealing with an addict is the reason why you are here.

The folks before me have posted wonderful comments but I do want to add something-you say you selfishly don't want him to be him gone that long in a treatment program. Speaking from experience, when my AH (addict husband) went to rehab it was some of the BEST time for me. I know that sounds horrible, but I actually had PEACE in my life when he was gone. I was not worried about where he was, if he was using, taking money out of our account, etc. etc. etc. I knew exactly where he was and that he was trying to get help. It was a great time for me to focus on ME and not be so consumed with HIM and HIS ADDICTION. I also agree with tjp, I wish all treatment centers would keep addicts for AT LEAST 90 days. My husband has been to impatient twice and he hasn't stayed longer than three weeks, he stays sober for a while and then, he is right back at it.

Try to focus on YOU because the is the only person you can control and take care of that little girl of yours-she is the most important thing. Also, I agree that you should seek counseling for yourself and/or attend a meeting if one is available in your area.

Good luck to you and keep coming back, reading and posting.

-Daisy