Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Jason448

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. I came home and my wife and the kids went to the store for about an hour and got along pretty good. We came home and I feel asleep on the couch after I told her I would help her do some things...It was a long nap. I woke up and thought she would be mad, and I told her sorry for not helping you like I said. She replied "its ok, if you are tired you are tired." and left it as that. Did not harp on me like before and was nice. HMMM....Its hard trying to figure her out. So we rented a movie and we spent two hours on the couch together watching a movie and then went to bed. She said I should sleep in the kids room but then we still wound up sleeping in the same bed. Before she would contest everything and not give up until she got her way. Now she seems to be more receptive to me and is talking very positivly about going through detox once she gets over this illness. I even had to tell her not to jump the gun and wait a few weeks after she gets off the IV to build up her strength. We did talk a little bit last night about the little boy who is not my biological son. She told me she knows I truly love him and wants me to be part of his life, but to think rationally about the fact he still has a father who in her opinion should be part of his life. I think she feels guilty about how she has lied to me, and lied to him and has caused a mess in alot of peoples lives. I will be playing with my little boy and she will refer to me as daddy to him sometimes which she never did before. She asked me last night "why are you being so super nice to me?" I just responded with "I still love you and nothing can change that, and I rather get along with someone I love that fight." I also assured her that I just simply wanted to help her get back on track with her life and that I am her friend not her enemy. I have seen a side of my wife I have not seen in a long long time, and that is the side that actually listens, responds, and shows some appreciation for what others are doing for her not just what she thinks are doing to her. I have an unconditional love for my wife, and I think anyone who has been married or been with someone for a long enough time builds that love without even trying. I love my addict, but I love her more not bound by addiction..