Old 08-26-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post

I seriously do not believe an HP is going to save me. Of course I believe there is one. Whatever it is. But I am so set in my ways of believing that this is an iside job. Not a solo job. But one that comes from within.

My belief goes more toward like a Karma type belief. Not an all mighty being running things.

How will that all work for someone like me who has no desire to use the steps or believe in the way of NA? All I want is human contact for support. Nothing more.
Hi Aysha,

Well, I'll chip in... I am using the 12 steps in my recovery.

I seriously don't believe that my HP is going to save me either... I believe that it is an inside job myself... hmmm.... Free will is all we surrender in the third step... and we try to figure out what God's will is for us in the eleventh... but we also ask for the power to carry it out.

We do the work, we are just asking for some help knowing what it is we should do... God doesn't do it for us... you see? We just need the instructions... and His power to carry them out.

It's not a passive process...

If you just want the fellowship, it's there if you want it... But the fellowship supports the program.

Is what you are doing now working for you?

By the way... you sound like you're doing OK! How's school going so far?

Mark