Old 08-26-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jason448

I have been home for about 2 weeks now and overall my wife and I have got along fairly well. At first she was resistant about me being home and only wanted me to be there when she needed something. Now she doesn't even challenge me being there or even ask when I am going home. I have been helping her alot trying to help her get over her illness with the kidney problem. Before she would not even want me to be in the same room with her, now we sit in bed together and talk for a bit and I may even rub her legs or back to make her feel better. She has not came out and said lets work on our marriage but she has not been as vocal about getting a divorce lately. I told my wife last night that once sober, if we went to marriage counseling and actually tried to work on the marriage and set timeline, and at the end of the timeline we still are not getting along together, then I would agree with a divorce. I told her that if we can't work together and get along with her sober, then the marriage was not meant to be. She kind of game me a half A** "OK" as she agreed, but who knows. I am being cautious though and trying not to fall into the "use me, abuse me, and kick me to the curb trap." I just have to admit, it has been wonderful being home with my children and yes even my crazy addicted wife. I have been taking anti depressants but have weened myself off of them and I have noticed she has had a more positive response to me. Most of our marriage my wife nor did I take anything as far as medication and we connected emotional much more. Well I am actually having a good day today but I never let my guard down, because just when I think the fight is over, I get sucker punched everytime.