View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Welcome to SR, though sorry for why you are here. I was trying to respond to this and my computer froze up so will try to keep this short.

I am a recovering addict (RA) as well as have loved ones who are addicts. I can tell you from the RA side, there is absolutely nothing you can do to make him want to seek recovery..that's got to be his choice.

You may want to check out al-anon or nar-anon meetings, as they will help you with support for the person you CAN help...YOU, which in turn will help your daughter.

You didn't cause it, can't change it, can't cure it..the 3 c's, though most of us certainly try over, and over before we finally accept our powerlessness against the addiction.

I hope you read the stickies (at the top of this forum) and other posts. The more you learn about addiction and how not to enable him, the faster you will allow him to hit his bottom and maybe seek help. No matter what HE does, you can find out how to live a better life for you and your daughter, without it being ruled by addiction.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy