View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Goat
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by robbo78 View Post
As explained before on differnts posts as much as i cant help it i was BORN TO WORRY, if i have a twitch i worry, if i have a headache, i worry if my arm is hurting i worry, and so on and on, This i belive is the only thing that will drive me back to my old ways and say " F... I. if i have a drink i wont feel these things or worry if only for a few hours.
You have hit the nail on the head as far as why I have relapsed three times this year!

I was never really a worrier before, but when I started having the pain in the left arm, the rapid heart beat for no reason, the way too strong pulse, the roving chest pains, I started to worry about stuff a lot!

This stuff all happened while I was doing a long sober stint (almost 4.5 years). I went to the hospital several times and got it confirmed that I wasn't about to die of a heart attact, but none of the goofy doctors could give me any clue at all about what it really was. At the moment, one doc thinks it's asthma and another thinks it's gerd.

Anyway, this story is getting too long.

In the past several months I have constantly felt like I was just about to die.

I gave up nicotine about two months ago (that was an absolute cakewalk compared to the alcohol). I have totally changed my diet and my blood pressure is down.

BUT (finally coming to the end of the story) at the moment alcohol is the only thing that lets me escape from the about to die feeling. And that's crazy because alcohol makes it worse.

So I am intrigued by the idea that the symptoms may last longer than I thought. The docs tell you that nicotine is out of your system in a few hours and that's it. I hope that's not the case

-Goat