View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:27 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Went to a meeting up the coast last night then for coffees afterwards...got to meet this guy who was credited with starting up NA in Spain..wow! Anyways was talking to him for 3 hours, well i was listening mostly. Totally blew my mind, he was a millionaire having made money all the wrong ways...then got sober, kept making money then lost it all as is often the case when you are doing that kind of stuff over here. Anyways he goes back home to live with his mother at 40, then take a degree, actually several then spends the next 22 years helping addicts and alchies in the prison service whilst setting up worksshops all over the UK...blew my mind, i felt knackered by the time i got home and took ages to get to sleep. You hear on the grapevine about **** like that, kind of like an urban myth but to actually meet these people. He didn't have an ego at all, but has literally saved 1000's of lives for his one life...i asked him a couple of times but didn't you want to make the money again and he replied no it wasn't important anymore. I always though that i would get sober, make some money buy a couple of properties outright, set up a business to tick income over, get a partner, go and explore the world...it's just...it just blew me away i guess?! I'm not even sure i want my plan anymore...thank goodness i only have to live in today lol