Old 08-22-2009, 11:35 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
So... I was having a good day. A couple days ago I was out trying my hand at good, wholesome fun. I went bowling! But my old coke dealer also decided to go bowling that night. Geez. I haven't done coke in ages, and I don't even know exactly why I did it. I'm no coke head, I did it once in a while but wasn't really something I was into, only when I couldn't get speed. That was just stupid. But I was kinda at peace with my stupidity, found a little bit to learn from the experience so as to not repeat it.

I've learned stress is really bad for me. It's a big trigger. Sucks, then, that life is chalk full of it:

The apartment assistant (sort of an intermediary between residents and management) lives underneath me. He has decided I'm breaking a bunch of rules and he's very rude about telling me. I'm not doing anything wrong though, I don't know why he thinks I am. Basically the only time he's polite is when someone is around to intimidate him into it (I have a friend who is very useful in this regard and happy to help. But... geez. Doesn't seem like I should have to get a friend prone to bar fights to deal with the guy who is supposed to facilitate positive interactions with apartment staff). I think I'm just going to have to talk to the manager before he reports me for stuff I'm not doing.

And as if that weren't enough my ex is staying with me for a little while until he gets into his own apartment. I will freely admit I'm really not over him, but we get on well as friends. The drugs were too much for us to maintain our relationship but I still care about him a lot. He called today and said his current gf is going to help him bring some of his stuff up from home so she needs to stay at my apartment tomorrow. And she's bringing her kids, ages 4 and 1. This girl has never been nice to me, has threatened to beat me up, etc. We don't get along, I don't like her, and it's all even worse because we are both kinda jealous regarding him. What a disaster. I really would prefer she just drops off his stuff and leaves, she has plenty of time to go home if she comes up tomorrow morning. I have to work tomorrow and I don't want that girl in my apartment going through my stuff, I don't want her kids tearing up my apartment. I'm so uncomfortable with this. And I think it was pretty nervy that he asked if they could use my room because there's a queen bed. I told him they could use the extra room (twin bed) and the couch. And I'm also pretty upset he kinda sprung this on me and I have homework to get done tomorrow and now I'm going to have 2 kids running around screaming while I'm trying to read. I know he doesn't really have a great alternative and I'm trying to help him out but I feel like he's asking a lot here when it's entirely possible for her to go home instead of hanging around for the evening.

Grrrr.... frankly, it makes me want to drink. I'm not going to but... damn. I really could use a beer. Sometimes I make me sick.

Gneiss, you are going to have to learn how to say "No". It took me years and years and I'm still not good with it, but it's very important not to let people take advantage of you!