View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

you said you have been to AA, how is the spiritual side of your recovery progressing? When you become worried, have you tried being quiet for a moment and asked your higher power to take the problem from you?

The absolute best part about seeking sobriety for me was finding this website. The absolute best thing about finding this website for me (second to meeting all of these lovely people of course) was finding such a wealth of spiritual guidance.

I am 237 days sober, and sobriety never enters my mind unless prompted by other. I spend all of my free time now exploring and accepting who and what I am, learning to love myself, and rediscovering my joy. I read lots of self help/spiritual type books. I find gentle tugs and not so gentle shoves from the universe, god, life, what ever you want to call it at work in all aspects of my life.

What good can you accomplish by worrying about damage done? Tell your higher power "thy will be done", accept today and be grateful for all of its gifts, and embrace your new life for all of its wonderous possibilities.