Old 08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
wow. I'm not sure what I did to warrant that, Misty.

I'm all for letting people be what they want to be - whatever that is...as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

I'm not an apologist for any church, group, or association that treats people poorly...including the KKK.

But there are good/bad christians...and bad/good atheists...and extremists on both sides...

I'll think I'll just ...mosey along.

D
Hey Dee, that really was not intended as an attack on your personally. I really think the world of you, and you have my sincerest apologies.

My intent to was to show how deep and thorough the discrimination really is - that it can be dismissed with comparative ease in favor of . . . just not confronting the problem. I know there are extremists on both sides. I probably am an "extremist atheist" as surely as feminists in the 60s were extremists - and for the same reason. Because change isn't going come gently, peacefully, without hurting anybody's feelings and without seriously disrupting people's belief systems. I also realize that this is not the ideal place to be talking about such things, but there really is no ideal place.

And I do apologize for hurting your feelings. Sorry.