View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Thank you to everyone who posted their "balls out" honest opinion and pinning me with what I couldn't see about myself
You will find that in meetings and working with a sponsor, there were and still are many things I can not see about myself, myself. My sponsor and others in AA help me so much in being honest with myself. It is not judgemental in any way, it is all done with love and understanding. 95% of the time what I learn about myself is what I hear others share about them selfs, I find that when I hear them share about what they found within them selfs I find it in myself as well.

Many times someone is having a problem and we share our own experience, strength and hope on how we dealt with the same or a similar problem, usually tying it to a certain step/principle we have learned in AA.

Just keep in mind that what is said there in an AA meeting, stays there, but feel free to take it away in your heart. The same goes for the people you see there, they being there stays there.

One more thing is try to keep a share in a "general" way and not a specific manner. In other words don't say "John Hawkins was really jerking my chain today about his cheating wife" Simply say "A man I know was really jerking my chain today about his cheating wife".